Friday, February 1, 2008

UWM Sucks

In general one would think going to school would be at least enjoyable, while I do have classes that I particularly enjoy, some are less than enjoyable, both due to tension and general boredom. For example my Geography class is one of the classes where the general boredom idea apples, I am learning what lines of Longitude and Latitude are, ooh not like I never knew what those were before, not like I already know how to read maps from my days at camp. But let's move away from the general boredom part of my days at school and move into how UWM is actually actively against me.

I have been disenfranchised by UWM, they have given things to me, which they then wish to take away. My example: Russian. As far as I knew last semester, I should have been given both retroactive credit for my accomplishments in Russian in High School, and also credit for doing well on the HL IB test. I was told, as was my mom that I would be receiving 14 credits for my accomplishments, however that is not how things are working out. At first it seemed as though my Russian Professor would actually be an advocate for me, actually help me in my quest against the hierarchy of UWW, however he seems to have caved, and now I am on my own.

It seems that the Hierarchy of UWM has in effect alienated me, and while I could go about doing what the US had done in 1776 and name off ways that UWM has screwed me over, I will not, as now that would seem un-american, and I would not want to seem un-american :). Yeah right. I just wish to say that if a member of the UWM hierarchy promises something to a student and to their mother who is an attorney that they should keep that promise or be ready to be sued. And while my Russian Professor denies all knowledge of any possible credit, that is not what I had been told earlier, and therefore have been in effect screwed over. And as for my rant about why school sucks, this is the highest on a relatively short list. But I really don't think it is the goal of a University to screw its students out of money and out of credit, the last time I checked the point of a University was to be a tool for the student to use to receive an education. It has in effect changed from a non-profit state institution to one that is only for the hierarchy, and only for profit. Something the last time I checked was illegal.

2 comments:

Michael said...

wow sasha you have some real angst over this whole thing
that's really unfortunate for you

Sasha said...

Нет СТРАХА!